Recently I was making an online purchase with Voodoo Rabbit and came across an item “Interfacing Sampler Pack” I added it to my trolley as you tend to do when something is only $5 but when it arrived I was very happy with my purchase.
This sample pack is set of 12 5.5″ squares of different interfacing held together with a jump ring and a laminated card stating what each piece of interfacing is. Included in the pack are
- Sure-Bond Medium Non-Woven Fusible Interfacing
- Med/Light Cotton Woven Fusible Interfacing
- Medium Cotton Woven Fusible Interfacing
- Med/Heavy Cotton Woven Fusible Interfacing
- Vilene H630 Fusible Wadding
- Vilene H640 Fusible Wadding
- Vilene S320 Non-Woven Fusible Interfacing
- Vilene S520 Heavy Fusible Pelmet Interfacing
- Peltex 71F Single-Sided Fusible Interfacing
- Peltex 72F Double-Sided Fusible Interfacing
- Maltilda’s Own Bag Batting
- Maltilda’s Own Foam Stabliser
I have heard of a lot of the ones in the pack but wasn’t sure what they actually felt like. It is good to have a sample in your hand particularly when your reading online and a stabiliser or interfacing is mentioned. Some interfacings are much stiffer than others so it is good to feel the difference. This will also help if you have to try and substitute one for the other as that is all that you can get your hands on or better yet you already have it in your stash.
The only down side to this sample pack is that I wished that the squares were numbered but I can easily do that with a felt tip maker. If you had access to all these interfacings already you could make up your own sample pack to use as a reference tool. I think it would become very handy to quickly look at. I’m going to keep this pack near my computer. It is where I do most of my reading before purchasing an online pattern and where I print off my PDF patterns so it make sense to keep it within reach.