I got a little more progress done on my blanket this week, roughly another 14 rows or so done. That’s about 2 rows a day. Some days I’m getting more done others day less. I still never got around to sewing in the ends. I started laughing this week when I started the light green row cause combined with the orange it looked like carrot tops. Then the pink row on top of that made me think of lollies.
I did make a slight error this week and missed a stitched. I didn’t actually realise until I got the next row that I had missed a stitch as it was on a row that you do ever every stitch. I don’t keep count along the way to how many stitches your meant to have. It was only when I came to end of my next row that I noticed I didn’t have the same amount of stitches left (you are meant to have 3 left after the last treble cluster) I searched the row until I found the error and pulled apart the purple row until I came across the offending stitch.
To combat the missed stitched I decided to only skip one stitch between treble clusters around that stitched. It took me a few attempts to work out which side of the stitch I had to make the adjustment. I wanted the treble clusters to all line up on the rows so I used my crochet hook as a guide to line it up. It was an interesting mistake as it made me have to think about it and work out a solution. The fact I came up with a solution that worked gives me a little confidence that I can crochet and feels like I’ve earned my hook licence (like your pen licence when you graduated from lead pencils to a biro in school)