Mel’s running a 2nd dishcloth swap and once again I’m in. Again I haven’t followed a pattern. There are so many actual dishcloth patterns I want to make but to be ready in time for the swap I’m not able to try them. Maybe next year (Mel’s mentioned another swap)
This first one is the same as I made last time. Very basic but its nice. This time it stayed more square shape which is what its supposed to be.
I was stuck waiting for a couple of hours. In that time I’d finished the first one I and wanted to try a bit more advanced knitting. I could vaguely remember how to purl so I had a play. I cast on 30 stitches and did the basic ‘knit 1 purl 1’ I just did that row after row until it formed a square. It didn’t look big enough so I just crochet some trebles around it.
I’m calling this one “Knit 5 Purl 5” cause thats exactly what I did. I cast on 45 stitches did a row of knit stitch then from row 2 knitted 5 then purled 5, knitted 5 then purled 5 until I got to the end of the row. The next row was the exact same knit 5 purl 5. I kept doing this until it was long enough then did a knit row before casting off. It did bunch up a little so I stretched it flat overnight under 2 books on my ironing board.
The last one I did is just a Granny Square in the centre with rows of trebles around the outside. I was happy with how the corners of the trebles rows turned out. I’d tried this before and the corners were rounded and a bit squished but this one turned out good.
All of these are made with Bendigo 8ply cotton in Kiwi and Latte. I got thier colour chart in the post the other day and there some nice colours which I have my eye on.